The Purpose of This Notice. At Vreeland Insurance, we value your business and the trust you’ve placed with us. That is why we want to assure you that we are serious about keeping your personal information private before, during and after your business relationship with us. This notice describes our policies and practices governing our use of your non-public personal information.
1. Information We Collect. We collect personal information about you or other individuals proposed for insurance from a variety of sources:
- Applications or other forms you or your proposed insureds complete, including names, addresses, birth dates;
- Consumer reporting agencies used to obtain loss history;
- Your transactions with us from the insurance companies we contact, including but not
- limited, to policy coverage, premiums, and payment history; and Medical records involving insurance claims.
2. Information we may disclose to third parties. We do not disclose any non-public personal information about you, or your accounts, to anyone, except as permitted or required by law.
We may disclose non-public personal information about you to the following affiliates and non-affiliated third parties only to effect, administer, or enforce your insurance transaction:
- Claims administrators;
- Other insurance companies that might write new or renewal policies;
- Appraisers, inspectors, and other insurance support services;
- Governmental agencies when required to do so;
- An affiliate or third party for the purpose of conducting an audit of the insurance company agent in connection with the operations or services provided
- To a lien holder, mortgages, assignee, or other person having a legal or beneficial interest in the policy of insurance; and
- To personals or agencies lawfully entitled pursuant to a subpoena or court order.
3. Confidentiality of Information. We restrict access to your nonpublic, personal information to employees on a “need to know” basis. If the employee is not involved with your account, they do not need access to your information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard you non-public personal information.
5. Your Right to Opt Out. If you do not want us to disclose personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties, you may tell us so. This is known as “opting out”. If you wish to opt out, call us at 973-334-7100. We may share information about you to obtain new or renewal policies if we do not hear from you within 30 days. However, you may opt-out at any time.
Even if you opt-out, we may still disclose information as allowed by law. This includes disclosing information to our affiliates to market other products or services or to procure, renew, or replace your insurance coverage.