Fall is here! As you prepare for seasonal changes, ensure your home is fall-ready by following these maintenance tips and protect your investment with a New Jersey Home Insurance policy.
According to an article in Freshome, there are some maintenance tips to keep in mind before the weather gets too cold as fall home maintenance tips.
- Make sure to examine your roof, gutters, and downspouts for debris. Since these things are not eye level, it’s hard to remember to keep them clean. Clear leaves, dirt and other debris and check for damaged and loose pieces.
- Check walkways for cracks or loose pavement. Fix these areas before the slippery weather causes injuries.
- If you have any type of air conditioning or heating unit make sure and change your air filters regularly. Clean air filters will keep your home healthy for you and your family.
- Examine leaky faucets in the kitchen, bathrooms and utility rooms before the temperature dips. Preparation loves success and so do your faucets.
- Prepare your fireplace for the colder months. Clean out any old ashes and ensure that air can move freely through the chimney. If necessary, hire a professional chimney sweep.
- Drain your hot water heater because extra amounts of sediments could be building up in your tank. Avoid rusting by purchasing a new water heater that will be most cost effective and energy efficient.
- Check your window and door frames to ensure that the seal is in good condition so that air is not lost. Adding thick drapery can also help with extra drafts. Also, making sure that there is adequate caulking around your windows will help with any unwanted drafts.
- Clean your outdoor furniture and store it in a dry area for the remaining winter months. Storing them will ensure that they are in good condition once you pull them out for spring.
At Vreeland Insurance Inc., we train our team to recognize all types of New Jersey Home Insurance policies. We understand your needs and have designed our programs to ensure that you get the most for your insurance dollar. We have the expertise to provide you with a variety of coverages and policies catered to your business. For more information, call us today at 877.755.3767.